Friday 26 October 2012

October 26 Devotion - God's Love- A Glorifying Love


Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son,… Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

1 John 3:2, Romans 8:29-30

ايها الاحباء الآن نحن اولاد الله ولم يظهر بعد ماذا سنكون.ولكن نعلم انه اذا أظهر نكون مثله لاننا سنراه كما هو.

29 لان الذين سبق فعرفهم سبق فعيّنهم ليكونوا مشابهين صورة ابنه .

30 والذين سبق فعيّنهم فهؤلاء دعاهم ايضا. والذين دعاهم فهؤلاء بررهم ايضا. والذين بررهم فهؤلاء مجدهم ايضا.

We reviewed the many ways God loves us depicted in the love pyramid shown above and we saw how God loves us to life. Finally, God shows His love by glorifying us. Throughout our lives we will wrestle with sin, but we’re promised that the good work God begins in us will be completed.

Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:6

ونحن نعلم ان كل الاشياء تعمل معا للخير للذين يحبون الله الذين هم مدعوون حسب قصده

 When God glorifies His children, he gives them inward beauty—called holiness. This begins as a process in this life (sanctification) and culminates when we come into the presence of Christ at death or at his second coming. When we go to be with the Lord our sinful nature will be left behind and we will be like Him, and with Him, forever.
 
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord I praise You and glorify You. Thank You God for the enormous love You have for me. Lord please remove any barrier that stops me from feeling Your love which I only deserve through the atoning blood of Christ. Thank You Lord that through Your grace You predestined to be conformed to the image of Your  Son, and that when I accepted Your Son Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, You have redeemed me, forgiven me, justified me, reconciled me, sanctified me and glorified me. Abba Father, I pray that out of Your  glorious riches You continue to strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can continue to declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour and Jesus may continue to dwell in my heart through faith. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment