Friday 1 June 2018

June 1 Devotion - The Peace of God


I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
بِسَلاَمَةٍ أَضْطَجعُ بَلْ أَيْضًا أَنَامُ، لأَنَّكَ أَنْتَ يَا رَبُّ مُنْفَرِدًا فِي طُمَأْنِينَةٍ تُسَكِّنُنِي.
Psalm 4:8
Trying circumstances often are the biggest inhibitors of experiencing the peace of God. The situation is in God’s hands. He is in control despite appearances. He is able to bring about a solution, whenever and however He chooses.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love of me, Your abundant blessings to me, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Thank You Lord that in You I can dwell in safety. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can carry out Your instructions ‘Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.’ 1 Peter 5:7 and cast my burdens on You in prayer, to tell You what bothers me and robs my joy and peace, and to have a strong faith that You heard and will answer. I want to experience Your heavenly peace and sleep in Your safety. Heavenly Father, whenever the pressures mount, help me to remember that You have taken all my cares upon Yourself. I cast my anxiety and burdens on You, knowing that everything is in Your care. In the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus The Christ, the only begotten Son of God, I pray. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment