Monday 11 June 2018

June 11 Devotion - Be strengthened with might through Jesus' Spirit



For this reason [grasping the greatness of this plan by which Jews and Gentiles are joined together in Christ] I bow my knees [in reverence] before the Father [of our Lord Jesus Christ], 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name [God—the first and ultimate Father]. 16 May He grant you out of the riches of His glory, to be strengthened and spiritually energized with power through His Spirit in your inner self, [indwelling your innermost being and personality], 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through your faith. And may you, having been [deeply] rooted and [securely] grounded in love, 18 be fully capable of comprehending with all the saints (God’s people) the width and length and height and depth of His love [fully experiencing that amazing, endless love];

لِذَلِكَ أركَعُ عَلَى رٌكبَتَيَّ لِلآبِ، 15 الَّذِي تَنتَمِي إلَيهِ كُلُّ أُمَّةٍ فِي السَّماءِ وَالأرْضِ. 16 وَأسألُهُ، حَسَبَ غِناهُ المَجِيدِ، أنْ يُقَوِّيَكُمْ بِشِدَّةٍ مِنَ الدّاخِلِ بِرُوحِهِ. 17 وَأنْ يَسكُنَ المَسِيحُ فِي قُلُوبِكُمْ بِالإيمانِ بَينَما تَتَرَسَّخُ جُذُورُكُمْ وَأُسُسُكُمْ فِي المَحَبَّةِ. 18 لِكَي تَكُونَ لَكُمْ وَلِكُلِّ المُؤمِنِينَ القُدرَةُ عَلَى استِيعابِ مَحَبَّةِ المَسِيحِ فِي كُلِّ أبْعادِها: عَرضاً وَطُولاً وَعُلُوّاً وَعُمقاً.
 Ephesians 3: 14-18

The Apostle Paul was the one who brought the gospel to many of the Gentiles, and because of this, he felt responsible to pray for their spiritual growth, maturity, and development. He was praying specifically for them to be strengthened with power through God's Spirit. I believe the same prayer is applicable to us today as we need to be strengthened and need to comprehend the enormous magnitude of Jesus’ love for us, His followers.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, please grant me according to the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might through Your Spirit in my inner being. I pray Lord that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith, and that I can comprehend the fathomless love of Christ. Abba, form me Lord so that I may be rooted and grounded in love, and through Your grace Father, fill me up to Your fullness. Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord, I praise You, lift You up on high, and glorify You. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the glory and the power and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment