Wednesday 6 June 2018

June 7 Devotion - Invitation from Christ



“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
تعالوا اليّ يا جميع المتعبين والثقيلي الاحمال وانا اريحكم
Matthew 11:28 

In this invitation Jesus is inviting several audiences. Those listening to Him and those who in years to come will remember His words and turn to Him. Those listening to Him were the Jews, who groaned under the weight of their ceremonial laws and the traditions of the elders. Jesus tells them that by coming to Him, and embracing His teachings they would be freed from these burdensome rites and rituals and be saved through grace because He will give them rest. Jesus also addresses those who are burdened by sin amongst the listeners and along the ages to come, which includes us. We will find relief when we come to Him,
believe in Him, trust Him, and Him only, for salvation. When we do this, He will give us rest - rest from our sins, from the pain of guilt, from the terrors of the law, and from the fears of eternal death. Jesus also invites all of us who are burdened by the challenges and the tribulations of the world to come to Him and lay our ‘problems’ at His feet and seek His rest, peace and joy.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Jesus, I accept Your invitation to put all my worries and problems at the feet of Your cross. I know that You will give me rest, peace, joy, victory, and fill my heart with Your love, for You died for the forgiveness of my sins and to redeem me and declare me righteous in the eyes of The LORD. Help me Jesus to ‘come’ to You. Thank You Jesus that You are my salvation. Abba Father I pray to You in the holy name of Jesus. To Jesus be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment