Wednesday 20 June 2018

June 20 Devotion - Feelings versus Truth - Feeling unloved



Irrespective of our positive attitude, positive thinking, and a general upbeat nature some of us may have, we are all subject to feeling negative at times. Yesterday we examined the negative feeling of being unworthy and studied God’s answers and truth about that feeling. Today we will examine the feeling of being unloved.

My objective is that we can all get rid of these negative feelings by knowing God’s truth. I am first on that list.
Sometimes we may have negative feelings that may be caused by:
·     Our upbringing,
·     What is happening in our lives,
·     How we are being treated,
·     How we see ourselves.


Feeling unloved
Do you ever feel unloved? Well you are not alone. So how does God address this feeling? By pointing out the truth and ‘the truth will set us free’.
  
The best way to combat this emotion is to return to The Word of God and see what He says about us or to us.

·     Whenever we feel unloved, let us remember that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die in our place and grant us everlasting life.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16
What Jesus did for us by dying in our place is the ultimate type of love, for Jesus said:

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
John 15:13


Let us remember that Jesus prayed for us and asked God to sanctify us by His truth. Truth about us is what is important not our feelings.

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
John 17:17

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Father, whenever I feel unloved, remind me of Your love, and Your promises. Sanctify me by Your truth Father and ‘cut’ this feeling of being unloved and ‘paste’ Your love for me deep into my heart and my spirit. Through the truth that Jesus loves me so much that he considers me His friend and He died in my place I will never ever feel unloved again. In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment