Tuesday 19 June 2018

June 19 Devotion - Feelings versus Truth - Feeling unworthy



Irrespective of our positive attitude, positive thinking, and a general upbeat nature some of us may have, we are all subject to feeling negative at times. In the next several devotions I would like to explore some of the negative feelings we may experience and study God’s answers and truth about these feelings. My objective is that we can all get rid of these negative feelings by knowing God’s truth. I am first on that list.

Sometimes we may have negative feelings that may be caused by:
·     Our upbringing,
·     What is happening in our lives,
·     How we are being treated,
·     How we see ourselves.



Do you ever feel unworthy? Well you are not alone. So how does God address this feeling? By pointing out the truth and ‘the truth will set us free’.
  
The best way to combat this emotion is to return to The Word of God and see what He says about us or to us.

Whenever we feel unworthy let us remember that God made us in His image, so we are precious:

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness”
وقال الله نعمل الانسان على صورتنا كشبهنا
Genesis 1: 26

God created us so that He might have a unique relationship with us. We were made in "his image" so that we might be capable of fellowship with our creator.       
Let us remember that Jesus prayed for us and asked God to sanctify us by His truth. Truth about us is what is important not our feelings.

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
قدسهم في حقك. كلامك هو حق
John 17:17

And, "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

2 Corinthians 6:18


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, whenever I feel unworthy please remind me of Your truths, Your words, Your love, and Your promises. Thank You Father that You created me in Your image and Your likeness and I am Your child Father God. Sanctify me by Your truth Father and ‘cut’ this feeling of unworthiness and ‘paste’ Your truth deep into my heart and my spirit. Through the truth that I am made in God’s image and my sanctification through Jesus Christ, I will never ever feel unworthy again. Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. I come to You Father in the name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, to whom be honour and everlasting power. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment