Friday 19 August 2016

August 19 Devotion - Keep your eyes on Jesus



Let your eyes look right on [with fixed purpose], and let your gaze be straight before you.
Proverbs 4:25 Amplified Bible (AMP)
لتنظر عيناك الى قدامك واجفانك الى امامك مستقيما.
While peripheral vision, or seeing things from the corner of our eyes, is a good thing for driving, it is not good when we want to be followers of Jesus. As we need to have directional vision seeing only Jesus and not the lusts of the world. That’s why Proverbs 4:25 tells us that we need to look straight ahead toward Christ because in the spiritual, like the natural, whatever we focus our mind and heart on, we move toward. Jesus told us:
The eye is the lamp of the body. So if your eye is sound, your entire body will be full of light.
Matthew 6:22

سراج الجسد هو العين .فان كانت عينك بسيطة فجسدك كله يكون نيرا .


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep and everlasting love for me.
Lord turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way Psalm 119:37
Help me Lord to keep my eyes on Jesus and not on my problems nor on the lusts of the world. Teach me to be steadfast in my faith. Father God, I want my fixed purpose to be: to become Christlike. Please let my eyes be sound and fill my whole body with the light of The Holy Spirit. I proclaim to the world that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. In the name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment