Sunday 21 August 2016

August 22 Devotion - The Fruit of The Spirit - Part 1



Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ. This week we will look at: The Fruit of The Spirit. 5 part series.



The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

واما ثمر الروح فهو محبة فرح سلام طول اناة لطف صلاح ايمان

وداعة تعفف.
Galatians 5:22–23

"Fruit of the Spirit" is a Biblical term that sums up the nine visible attributes of a true Christian life. We learn from scripture that these are not individual "fruits" from which we pick and choose. Rather, the fruit of the Spirit is one ninefold "fruit" that characterizes all who truly walk in the Holy Spirit. Collectively, these are the fruits that all Christians should be producing through The Holy Spirit. The way to the fulfillment of the law is not to live under the law like slaves, but to live by the Spirit as children of God.


The fruit of the Holy Spirit is first and foremost love. All of the other qualities associated with having the Holy Spirit flow from the presence of God’s love in us.
 
We have come to know [by personal observation and experience], and have believed [with deep, consistent faith] the love which God has for us and God abides continually in him.
1 John 4:16 AMP

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and deep, everlasting, and inseparable love. O gracious and merciful God, fill my heart with the fruit of Your Holy Spirit - love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Fill me Jesus with the moral qualities produced by the Spirit. Teach and strengthen me to love those who hate me; to pray for those who despitefully use me; so that I may be a child of God, my Father, who makes the sun to shine on the evil and on the good and send rain on the just and on the unjust. Fill my heart dear Lord with Your unconditional Agape love.I pray that out of Your glorious riches You may strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. Ephesians 3:16-17 God I praise You, revere You, worship You, glorify You and I stand in awe of You. I declare to the world that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you, 
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment