Friday 26 August 2016

August 26 Devotion - The Fruit of The Spirit - Part 5 - Gentleness (Meekness) and Self-Control



The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
واما ثمر الروح فهو محبة فرح سلام طول اناة لطف صلاح ايمان
وداعة تعفف.
Galatians 5:22–23




Gentleness (Meekness) is love as an expression of humility, considering the needs and hurts of others before one's personal goals.


Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Ephesians 4:2
أظهِرُوا فِي كُلِّ ظَرفٍ تَواضُعاً وَوَداعَةً وَصَبراً، مُحتَمِلِينَ بَعضُكُمْ بَعضاً فِي المَحَبَّةِ.

                Self-control is love to be Spirit led so as not to indulge our sinful nature

Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control
Proverbs 25:28
مَنْ لا يَضْبُطُ نَفسَهُ يُشبِهُ مَدِينَةً مَفتُوحَةً بِلا أسوارَ.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep, inseparable and everlasting love. O gracious and merciful God, fill my heart with the fruit of Your Holy Spirit. Father God, teach me, help me, and strengthen me to be completely humble and gentle; to be patient, bearing others in love. Strengthen the walls of my spirit and body Lord by gifting me with self-control. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high and glorify Your Holy Name. I pray in the mighty name of Jesus my Lord and Saviour to whom be power and glory forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.


Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment