Tuesday 23 August 2016

August 23 Devotion - Part 2 The Fruit of The Spirit - Joy and Peace



The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
واما ثمر الروح فهو محبة فرح سلام طول اناة لطف صلاح ايمان
وداعة تعفف.
Galatians 5:22–23

 Presented as 9 attributes of ‘The Fruit of the Spirit’. The original Greek term translated as "fruit" is singular.
 
Joy is love enjoying all of the goodness of God. The first result of true love in relationships is the evidence of joy.
“The joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Nehemiah 8:10


Peace is love resting on the promises of God.
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
Romans 5:1

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit"
Romans 15:13
 I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep, inseparable, and everlasting love.
O gracious and merciful God, my God of hope, fill my heart with the fruit of Your Holy Spirit. Lord I trust in You. Let me enjoy all Your goodness Lord so that my heart will be filled with joy and peace so that I may overflow with hope by the power of The Holy Spirit. Lord, let your strength be manifested in my life.
Lord I rest on Your promises, fill me with Your peace which is above my comprehension.
God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high and glorify Your Holy Name. I pray that out of Your glorious riches You may strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. In the mighty name of Jesus; my Lord and Saviour; The King of kings and Lord of lords, in The Holy Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment