Monday 14 May 2018

May 14 Devotion - When others mistreat us


We work [for our living], working hard with our own hands. When we are reviled (abused; attacked with evil words) and verbally abused, we bless. When we are persecuted, we take it patiently and endure.
ونتعب عاملين بايدينا.نشتم فنبارك.نضطهد فنحتمل.
1 Corinthians 4:12 AMP

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing; it is the ability to turn it into glory. We have all probably discovered that the hardest times to remember the basic truths of God’s Word are during periods of pain or difficulty. With the right attitude we can make it a habit to view every situation through the filter of God’s perspective.

And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose
ونحن نعلم ان كل الاشياء تعمل معا للخير للذين يحبون الله الذين هم مدعوون حسب قصده.
Romans 8:28 AMP
                              
If we believe that God will bring good out of the situation somehow, then pessimistic thinking finds no permanent home in our hearts. When we adopt the right attitude, over time, our emotions will gradually align with the truth. Let us always remember that the Lord will give us His perspective if we ask Him to.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can have Your divine perspective and the right attitude. Lord please keep me away from discouragement, worry, and self-sufficiency. Lord please help me to focus on You instead of my circumstances. I know that when I am hurting it does not mean that You do not care about me. Your promises are true Lord, and I am confident that You will change all my circumstances to work for Your glory and my good, joy and peace. Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. I will rejoice in The Lord. In the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment