Friday 18 May 2018

May 18 Devotion - I will be content when...


"Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need."


11 لَسْتُ أَعْنِي أَنِّي كُنْتُ فِي حَاجَةٍ، فَأَنَا قَدْ تَعَلَّمْتُ أَنْ أَكُونَ قَنُوعاً فِي كُلِّ حَالٍ.
 12 وَأَعْرِفُ كَيْفَ أَعِيشُ فِي الْعَوَزِ، وَكَيْفَ أَعِيشُ فِي الْوَفْرَةِ. فَإِنِّي، فِي كُلِّ شَيْءٍ، وَفِي جَمِيعِ الأَحْوَالِ، مُتَدَرِّبٌ عَلَى الشَّبَعِ وَعَلَى الْجُوعِ، وَعَلَى الْعَيْشِ فِي الْوَفْرَةِ أَوْ فِي الْعَوَزِ
Philippians 4:11-12
                                                                                                                                              
I will be content when…. I get married; I will be content when…. I have children, I will be content when I become financially independent, I will be content when I lose 20 pounds, I will be content when my children grow up, I will be content when…

Notice that The Apostle Paul says that he learned to be content in whatever situation he is. We also need to learn that too. Sometimes we get focused on our dreams and desires and feel frustrated that we have not received them and we forget to enjoy the now. Is it possible that we delay receiving God’s blessings because He wants us to learn to be content in the now and under any circumstance? I believe that when I learn to be content under any circumstance I am showing my faith in God.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Jesus teach me to be content and thankful for what I have. Help me Lord to release the frustration and anxiety that I am feeling because I have not received my dreams and desires, and help me realize that You are doing what is best for me. Teach me to be content in the now and under all circumstance, to rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him. Help me Jesus to enjoy the journey not just the destination. Jesus please release Your blessings and satisfy me every morning with Your loving kindness, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days knowing that You will never desert me, nor ever forsake me. Abba Father, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, and I pray in His precious Holy Name. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time, and now, and forever and ever. Amen.


Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment