Monday 21 May 2018

May 22 Devotion - Hearing God's Voice


Whoever is of God hears the words of God. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. Moreover, he said to me, “Son of man, all my words that I shall speak to you receive in your heart, and hear with your ears.  Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.      

John 8:47
John 10:27-28
Ezekiel 3:10
Isaiah 30:21
Psalm 119:105

I have often wondered: does God still speak to us today? If I listen will He speak personally to me? The answer based on God’s grace is YES! God is always available to hear from us and I believe He wants us to hear His voice. God loves us and we need to love Him back so as to be able to hear His voice. His words may come from reading the scriptures, from a Godly friend or relative, from signs, from open doors, from closed doors, from dreams or visions, whichever way He chooses, He will speak to us. This is how Mama Maggie (The Mother Teresa of Egypt) addresses the secret of listening to God: Silence is the secret….Silence your body to listen to your words….Silence your tongue to listen to your thoughts….Silence your thoughts to listen to your heart beating….Silence the sound of you heart beating to listen to your spirit….Silence your spirit and listen to God's Spirit…..In silence we leave many and be with The One.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, You are my teacher and guide, teach me to listen and hear Your voice distinctively. I will be still, and know that You are God Psalm 46:10 LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can have a strong faith that You will talk to me and I will hear You and obey Your will. You will show me the path of life Psalm 16:11 You will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go; You will guide me with Your eye. Psalm 32:8 Let Your word be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment