Thursday 17 May 2018

May 17 Devotion - COMMITTED TO THE TASK


 Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
 «مَا مِنْ أَحَدٍ يَضَعُ يَدَهُ عَلَى الْمِحْرَاثِ وَيَلْتَفِتُ إِلَى الْوَرَاءِ، يَصْلُحُ لِمَلَكُوتِ اللهِ».
Luke 9:62
Jesus told His disciples that anyone who puts his hands to the plow (becomes a follower of Jesus) and then looks back at what their life might have been if they had not decided to follow Jesus is fit for advancing the Kingdom of God.

When we start our journey of faith by accepting Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, we should never look back. When we are fully committed to Christ, we will be committed to His mission. Jesus was committed to the Father’s mission, even to the point of death on The Cross for the remission of our sins.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Lord I praise You for Your work in my life. Jesus I know that You are committed to me Lord, and I know that You have a purpose and a wonderful plan in store for me. Help me to stay obedient and committed to You and Your calling for my life. Give me wisdom and insight into my personal mission that You have chosen for me, and the strength to bring it to fruition. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment