Monday 16 July 2018

July 16 Devotion - Your DNA in God - I am a saint (set apart for God)



To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus.
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord

Ephesians 1:1, 1 Corinthians 1:2 
.
The word “saint” comes from the Greek word hagios, which means “consecrated to God, holy, sacred, pious.” The idea of the word “saints” is a group of people set apart for the Lord and His kingdom. Therefore, scripturally speaking, the “saints” are the body of Christ, Christians, the church. All Christian believers are considered saints in The bible and at the same time are called to be saints. Christians are saints by virtue of their connection with Jesus Christ. Christians are called to be saints, to increasingly allow their daily life to more closely match their position in Christ. This is the biblical description and calling of the saints. In the Bible, everyone who has received Jesus Christ by faith as Lord and Saviour is a saint. 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You Lord that my DNA reveals that Jesus bought me with His precious blood and through Jesus’ redemptive work at The Cross I am sanctified and I am a saint. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify me completely, and may my whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 Lord, I pray that out of Your  glorious riches that You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can increasingly allow my daily life to more closely match my position in Christ. Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love of me, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Father God, I praise You, revere You, bless You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name. In the name of Jesus I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment