Friday 6 July 2018

July 6 Devotion - Love God with all your mind



      

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment
Mark 12:30

In the last three devotions we covered how to:
‘love God with all your heart’ and
‘love God with all your soul’ and
‘love God with all your strength’.

Today let’s discover how to ‘love God with all your mind.’

I often wondered: what does it really mean to love God with all of my mind?
In order for me to love God with all my mind, I need to fill my mind with God’s Word. When I agree with God it awakens love in me, and my love for God is continually refueled when my mind encounters truth over and over again. When I use my mind to remember His qualities, and His love for me, I am putting love in my mind’s memory bank.
Since I treasure my relationship with the Lord, my thoughts and memory reflect that.

In order to bring my life (ship) in from the storm, the rudder of my ship (my thoughts and memory) needs to be my love for God with all my mind.

How do I do that? God teaches me that:

“I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”
Hebrews 10:16
 So my love for God with all my mind will be demonstrated by my thoughts and memories of God in my life and the rudder of my ship is controlled by every Word that God has written in my mind.



I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, I thank you for writing Your laws in my mind. Lord, help me and teach me to fill my mind with Your Word and to be in agreement with it. Lord, awaken love in me, and continually refuel my love for You. Help me to use my mind to remember Your qualities, and Your love for me, and to store love for You in my mind’s memory bank. Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name. To Him who is able to keep me from stumbling and to present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy, to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment