Friday 20 July 2018

July 20 Devotion - Your DNA in God - Part 9 - I am free forever from condemnation



There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2

اذا لا شيء من الدينونة الآن على الذين هم في المسيح يسوع السالكين ليس حسب الجسد بل حسب الروح.
2 لان ناموس روح الحياة في المسيح يسوع قد اعتقني من ناموس الخطية والموت.

In Romans 7, the Apostle Paul said: ‘So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin’ meaning that the Law could not affect deliverance from sin. In Romans 8 he states ‘There is, therefore, now’ deliverance and it is related to the gospel alone. This applies only to those who have surrendered their lives to Christ and accepted the fact that He bore their sins in His own body at The Cross, and have declared Him as their Lord and Saviour. God has justified us, or declared us not guilty, because by the gift of faith we have accepted Christ as Saviour. Because Christ has already endured the penalty of our sins and obeyed the precept of the Law in our behalf, there is no condemnation whatever; not only no final condemnation, but no condemnation now.
This does not mean a license to sin, on the contrary. By accepting Jesus as Lord over our lives the Spirit of God is conveyed into our hearts through The Holy Spirit and we are delivered from sin.

Our union with Christ is compared to that between the vine and its branches John 15:1-6, and hence, we believers are in Him in a similar sense, as deriving our support from Him, and as united in feeling, in purpose, and destiny. Out of love for Jesus and through the Holy Spirit we live in obedience to God.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Thank You Lord that my DNA reveals that; I as a follower of Your Son Jesus; I am free forever from condemnation. I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can live by the spirit and not by the flesh. Father God, I praise You and glorify You. In the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. To Him be the glory and the power and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.


Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment