Tuesday 16 January 2018

January 14 Devotion - Renew My Mind - Step 7- Love



Step 1: Consciously Control Your Thoughts

Step 2: Frame Your World with Your Words

Step 3: Express Those Emotions

Step 4: Take Responsibility and Take Control

Step 5: Dream On!

Step 6:THINK Forgiveness



Step 7: LOVE - TUNE INTO YOUR HEART

Getting in touch with your heart and learning to live in the love that flows from it are definite ways of healing toxic thoughts and emotions. When you experience emotions such as love, appreciation, care, and compassion these create physiological changes leading to improved health and increased longevity.

The heart has the ability to pull every other system in the body to its own rhythm. When the heart is at peace and is filled with love, the entire body under the direction of the brain feels peace and love as well.

The best way to communicate with your heart is to:

·      Think of all the blessings in your life
·      Develop an attitude of gratitude
·      Spend time with people who bring you joy and happiness
·      Focus on happy memories or anticipating happy events
·      Listen to the message from the heart without clouding it with fear

When you feel the love of God and people, health travels from the brain to the heart in electrical signals and then through to the rest of the body.

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
«أَحِبّ الرَّبَّ إِلهَكَ بِكُلِّ قَلْبِكَ وَكُلِّ نَفْسِكَ وَكُلِّ فِكْرِكَ!
 38 هَذِهِ هِيَ الْوَصِيَّةُ الْعُظْمَى الأُولَى.
 39 وَالثَّانِيَةُ مِثْلُهَا: أَحِبّ قَرِيبَكَ كَنَفْسِكَ!
 40 بِهَاتَيْنِ الْوَصِيَّتَيْنِ تَتَعَلَّقُ الشَّرِيعَةُ وَكُتُبُ الأَنْبِيَاءِ! »
Matthew 22:37-40


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  8 Love never fails.
الْمَحَبَّةُ تَصْبِرُ طَوِيلاً؛ وَهِيَ لَطِيفَةٌ. الْمَحَبَّةُ لاَ تَحْسُدُ. الْمَحَبَّةُ لاَ تَتَفَاخَرُ وَلاَ تَتَكَبَّرُ.
 5 لاَ تَتَصَرَّفُ بِغَيْرِ لِيَاقَةٍ، وَلاَ تَسْعَى إِلَى مَصْلَحَتِهَا الْخَاصَّةِ. لاَ تُسْتَفَزُّ سَرِيعاً، وَلاَ تَنْسُبُ الشَّرَّ لأَحَدٍ.
 6 لاَ تَفْرَحُ بِالظُّلْمِ، بَلْ تَفْرَحُ بِالْحَقِّ.
 7 إِنَّهَا تَسْتُرُ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ، وَتُصَدِّقُ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ، وَتَرْجُو كُلَّ شَيْءٍ، وَتَتَحَمَّلُ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ.
 8 الْمَحَبَّةُ لاَ تَزُولُ أَبَداً.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

   “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
وَصِيَّةً جَدِيدَةً أَنَا أُعْطِيكُمْ: أَحِبُّوا بَعْضُكُمْ بَعْضاً، كَمَا أَحْبَبْتُكُمْ أَنَا، تُحِبُّونَ بَعْضُكُمْ.
 35 بِهَذَا يَعْرِفُ الْجَمِيعُ أَنَّكُمْ تَلاَمِيذِي: إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ بَعْضُكُمْ بَعْضاً».
John 13:34-35 

We love because he first loved us
وَنَحْنُ نُحِبُّ، لأَنَّ اللهَ أَحَبَّنَا أَوَّلاً.
1 John 4:19-20

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

 I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself and to meditate on it:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and inseparable love. Lord, I praise You and glorify You. Thank You Lord for loving me. God fill me with Your love and Your Holy Spirit so that I can love You, and others, the way You love me. Help me to continue praying to You to fill my heart with love. Lord, thank You for giving me a spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Thank You Lord that Your commandments are for my well being and health and joy. Lord, Your love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God, Your love never fails.
Surround me Lord with believers who love me, build my faith, care for me, bring me joy and happiness and show me compassion and appreciation; and strengthen me to do more for them. God, change the way I think in my heart so that I can change. Guide me and strengthen me to seek Your face and get to know You and Your thoughts; bringing all my thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ, in whose holy name I pray. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment