Tuesday 2 January 2018

January 2 Devotion - When We Do Not Know What To Pray For

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
وَكَذلِكَ الرُّوحُ أَيْضاً يُمِدُّنَا بِالْعَوْنِ لِنَقْهَرَ ضَعْفَنَا. فَإِنَّنَا لاَ نَعْلَمُ مَا يَجِبُ أَنْ نُصَلِّيَ لأَجْلِهِ كَمَا يَلِيقُ، وَلَكِنَّ الرُّوحَ نَفْسَهُ يُؤَدِّي الشَّفَاعَةَ عَنَّا بِأَنَّاتٍ تَفُوقُ التَّعْبِيرَ.
Romans 8:26
There are times when life is too big and too complex and we do not know what to pray for. In such times, we also do not know how to present our petitions to God. The Holy Spirit graciously intercedes on our behalf and He helps us in our weaknesses giving wisdom to all who ask of Him. The Holy Spirit groaning on our behalf means to me that He takes up our needs at the deepest emotional level and conveys our hurts and cares to the Father’s throne, all in line with the will of God.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever.  Thank You God for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Thank You Lord that The Holy Spirit is here to help me especially during those times when I feel weak and/or confused and do not even know what to pray for. Thank You Lord that The Holy Spirit connects with my needs at the deepest emotional level and conveys my hurts and cares to You Father, all in line with Your will. Thank You God that You take my liability and turn it into an asset. God strengthen me to stay in faith, remove any doubt from me, and immerse me in Your wisdom. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him who is able to keep me from stumbling and to present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy, to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen. Jude 1:24-25
 
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment