Wednesday 31 January 2018

January 31 Devotion - A time to act and a time to wait



To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven.

لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ أَوَانٌ، وَلِكُلِّ أَمْرٍ تَحْتَ السَّمَاءِ زَمَانٌ.
Ecclesiastes 3:1             

As Solomon said: for everything there is a season.  Though not included in the list of appropriate seasons that followed, I believe this principle rings just as true: “There is a time to act—and a time to wait.”

How do we know if God wants us to wait upon Him, as in Isaiah 40:31:  But those who wait on the LORD
OR
God wants us to act as Jesus commented in John 9:4:

 “I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.”
and as God told Joshua in Joshua 7:
“Get up! Why do you lie thus on your face?”

A way of answering that question could be that in general we should wait upon the Lord, however we may be prompted to act if we have fulfilled the following:

  • We have submitted to Jesus’ Lordship

  •   We have prayed and asked for God’s guidance

  • We have searched God’s word for guidance and/or we have received direction from a Godly councilor
And 

  • We feel the prompting of The Holy Spirit to act

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep everlasting love for me. Guide me God to seek Your desire and plan for my life. I pray that out of Your  glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can always submit to Your guidance for my life. Give me wisdom and teach me God to wait when necessary and to act when necessary. Help me to fully follow your plan with confidence, faith, and courage, for You O’Lord are the only one who knows the future and the only one who knows what is best for me and anyone I impact. I declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the glory and the power and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment