Monday 29 January 2018

January 29 Devotion - -God Has a Plan, do not worry


Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
فَمَنْ مِنْكُمْ إِذَا حَمَلَ الْهُمُومَ يَقْدِرُ أَنْ يُطِيلَ عُمْرَهُ وَلَوْ سَاعَةً وَاحِدَةً؟
Matthew 6:27
Are you worrying about something today?
To worry means to allow something to revolve in your mind over and over again.
God doesn't want us to live worried or anxious about anything. He knows that worry steals our peace and joy. It affects every area of our lives. Worrying affects our physical body. It affects our sleep.
We will never gain anything by worrying; in fact, we will lose precious moments that we can never get back again.
The good news is that God has promised that we can have victory over worry. It starts by making the choice to trust in Him. When we cast our cares on Him, He will give us His peace. Jesus said:

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

28تَعَالَوْا إِلَيَّ يَا جَمِيعَ الْمُتْعَبِينَ وَالثَّقِيلِي الأَحْمَالِ، وَأَنَا أُرِيحُكُمْ.
Mathew 11:28
Decide today to put an end to worry in your life. Choose to feed your faith and fill your mind with God's promises. Come to Jesus and lay your burdens at the feet of His cross. As you trust Jesus and depend on Him and you focus on God's Word, you'll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy; and you'll be empowered to move forward into the life of blessings He has in store for you.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Lord, help me today to put an end to worry in my life. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Strengthen my faith and teach me to feed my faith by studying Your promises and declaring Your Word over my life. Help me Jesus to totally trust in You today and every day. God I pray to You in the name of Your precious Son; my Redeemer and Saviour; the Lord of my life, Jesus Christ. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time and now and forevermore. Amen.
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment