Friday 5 January 2018

January 5 Devotion- Renewing My Mind- Step 2: : Frame Your World with Your Words




Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
وَخِتَاماً، أَيُّهَا الإِخْوَةُ: كُلُّ مَا كَانَ حَقّاً، وَكُلُّ مَا كَانَ شَرِيفاً، وَكُلُّ مَا كَانَ عَادِلاً، وَكُلُّ مَا كَانَ طَاهِراً وَكُلُّ مَا كَانَ مُسْتَحَبّاً، وَكُلُّ مَا كَانَ حَسَنَ السُّمْعَةِ، وَكُلُّ مَا كَانَ فِيهِ فَضِيلَةٌ وَخَصْلَةٌ حَمِيدَةٌ، فَاشْغِلُوا أَفْكَارَكُمْ بِهِ.

Philippians 4:8

In the last devotion I wrote:
In the next 10 devotions I will share with you 10 steps to clean up or detoxify the brain. Let’s learn to apply them.
These steps are adapted from The Bible, a book by Dr. Caroline Leaf (a Christian author) and other teachings I learned.

Step 1: Consciously Control Your Thoughts 


Step 2: Frame Your World with Your Words

The words that you speak are electromagnetic life forces that come from a thought inside your brain and have a big impact on your thoughts and your health and attitude. The words are influenced by your 5 senses. The 5 senses form the connection between the external world and your mind’s internal world.
When you make negative statements, you release negative chemicals, which lead to negative memories that grow stronger and become negative strongholds that control your attitude and life.

Your positive words have to be backed up with honesty and integrity, -what in psychological words is called congruence. What you say and do on the outside must reflect what you think on the inside.

When you start speaking positive words out of positive thinking, you grow a beautiful new memory over the painful old one. The old memory will not go away but will be dominated by the new one.
You can be “transformed by the renewing of your mind”. Romans 12:2

If you do not do this process with integrity and congruence, then the positive statements will fade in time and the negative stronghold will gain supremacy again. It is congruent thinking that creates necessary changes in the brain.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself and to meditate on it:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and inseparable love. Lord, help me to stop leaning on my own abilities and to depend totally on Your wisdom and power through The Holy Spirit working in me. Heavenly Father, please continue to teach me to renew my mind and have new positive memories dominate over the old memories. Teach me to be congruent O’ Lord, help me to think true, positive, noble, admirable, lovely and praiseworthy thoughts and strengthen me through the Holy Spirit to be congruent and to ‘walk my talk’; so that I can be transformed to be Christlike, to feel Your joy, to live Your good and pleasing will for my life. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment