Wednesday 17 January 2018

January 17 Devotion - Renew My Mind - Step 10 - Diet, Exercise, Relaxation, and the Spiritual Aspect





I covered the following on the first devotion in this series:
I believe that I can experience God’s good and pleasing will for my life when I:
•         Surrender to God
•         Let The Holy Spirit work in me and direct me 
•         Clean up (detoxify) my mind
•         Constantly read the Bible and meditate on God’s word
•         Pray without ceasing
•         Get my thoughts, behaviour, and attitude and boundaries aligned with God’s word

In the last devotions I wrote:
In the next 10 devotions I will share with you 10 steps to clean up or detoxify the brain. Let’s learn to apply them.
These steps are adapted from The Bible, a book by Dr. Caroline Leaf (a Christian author) and other teachings I learned.


This is the last devotion in the series.

Step 1: Consciously Control Your Thoughts

Step 2: Frame Your World with Your Words
Step 3: Express Those Emotions
Step 4: Take Responsibility and Take Control
Step 5: Dream On!
Step 6: THINK Forgiveness
Step 7: Love – Tune into Your Heart
Step 8: Hugging
Step 9: Laughter

Step 10: Diet, Exercise, Relaxation, and the Spiritual Aspect

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
ثُمَّ قَالَ لَهُمْ: «إِنِّي قَدْ أَعْطَيْتُكُمْ كُلَّ أَصْنَافِ الْبُقُولِ الْمُبْزِرَةِ الْمُنْتَشِرَةِ عَلَى كُلِّ سَطْحِ الأَرْضِ، وَكُلَّ شَجَرٍ مُثْمِرٍ مُبْزِرٍ، لِتَكُونَ لَكُمْ طَعَاماً.
Genesis 1:29

He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, And vegetation for the service of man, That he may bring forth food from the earth,
أَنْتَ الْمُنْبِتُ عُشْباً لِلْبَهَائِمِ وَخُضْرَةً لِخِدْمَةِ الإِنْسَانِ، لإِنْتَاجِ خُبْزٍ مِنَ الأَرْضِ،
 Psalm 104:14

So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?” 20 And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.”
فَقَالَ لَهُمْ: «أَهَكَذَا أَنْتُمْ أَيْضاً لاَ تَفْهَمُونَ؟ أَلاَ تُدْرِكُونَ أَنَّ كُلَّ مَا يَدْخُلُ الإِنْسَانَ مِنَ الْخَارِجِ لاَ يُمْكِنُ أَنْ يُنَجِّسَهُ،
 19 لأَنَّهُ لاَ يَدْخُلُ إِلَى قَلْبِهِ بَلْ إِلَى الْبَطْنِ، ثُمَّ يَخْرُجُ إِلَى الْخَلاَءِ؟» مِمَّا يَجْعَلُ الأَطْعِمَةَ كُلَّهَا طَاهِرَةً.
    ثُمَّ قَالَ:إِنَّ الَّذِي يَخْرُجُ مِنَ الإِنْسَانِ، هُوَ يُنَجِّسُ الإِنْسَانَ.

Mark 7:18-20

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
أَمَا تَعْلَمُونَ أَنَّ جَسَدَكُمْ هُوَ هَيْكَلٌ لِلرُّوحِ الْقُدُسِ السَّاكِنِ فِيكُمْ وَالَّذِي هُوَ لَكُمْ مِنَ اللهِ، وَأَنَّكُمْ أَنْتُمْ لَسْتُمْ مِلْكاً لأَنْفُسِكُمْ؟
 20 لأَنَّكُمْ قَدِ اشْتُرِيتُمْ بِفِدْيَةٍ. إِذَنْ، مَجِّدُوا اللهَ فِي أَجْسَادِكُمْ.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
He said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
 «تَعَالَوْا أَنْتُمْ عَلَى انْفِرَادٍ إِلَى مَكَانٍ خَالٍ، وَاسْتَرِيحُوا قَلِيلاًفَقَالَ لَهُمْ:».

Mark 6:31

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord, I know that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I ask in the name of Jesus that You teach me and strengthen me to do Your will in taking care of it, because it is Your commandment and because Your commandments are based on Your love for me. I know that eating the right food, exercising, relaxing and praying are actions that will help in achieving Your commandment of renewing my mind. God please bring all my thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ and continue to renew my mind in all the ways that help transform me to Your image. O my soul, you have said to the LORD, “You are my Lord, my goodness is nothing apart from You.” Psalm 16:2. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment