Wednesday 18 August 2021

August 18 Devotion - Salvation is only through Jesus Christ

 

God our Savior, wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

اللهِ مُخَلِّصِنَا،

4 فَهُوَ يُرِيدُ لِجَمِيعِ النَّاسِ أَنْ يَخْلُصُوا، وَيُقْبِلُوا إِلَى مَعْرِفَةِ الْحَقِّ بِالتَّمَامِ:                                                               

5 فَإِنَّ اللهَ وَاحِدٌ، وَالْوَسِيطُ بَيْنَ اللهِ وَالنَّاسِ وَاحِدٌ، وَهُوَ الإِنْسَانُ الْمَسِيحُ يَسُوعُ،

 الَّذِي بَذَلَ نَفْسَهُ فِدْيَةً عِوَضاً عَنِ الْجَمِيعِ. هَذِهِ شَهَادَةٌ تُؤَدَّى فِي أَوْقَاتِهَا الْخَاصَّةِ،

1 Timothy 2: 3-6

God wants everyone to be ‘saved’ (delivered from judgment and given eternal life). It is His desire. That is why He came down in the form of a man Jesus Christ to save us. So how do we become saved?

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

أَنَّكَ إِنِ اعْتَرَفْتَ بِفَمِكَ بِيَسُوعَ رَبّاً، وَآمَنْتَ فِي قَلْبِكَ بِأَنَّ اللهَ أَقَامَهُ مِنَ الأَمْوَاتِ، نِلْتَ الْخَلاصَ.

10 فَإِنَّ الإِيمَانَ فِي القَلْبِ يُؤَدِّي إِلَى الْبِرِّ، وَالاعْتِرَافَ بِالْفَمِ يُؤَيِّدُ الْخَلاَصَ،

 

Romans 10:9-10

 

Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”

قالَ يَسُوعُ:

 أنا هُوَ الطَّرِيِقُ وَالحَقُّ وَالحَياةُ. لا أحَدَ يَأْتِي إلَى الآبِ إلّا بِي

John14:6

 

For it is by grace [God’s remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you have been saved [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God; not as a result of [your] works [nor your attempts to keep the Law], so that no one will [be able to] boast or take credit in any way [for his salvation].

 فَبِالنِّعمَةِ أنتُمْ مُخَلَّصُونَ، لِأنَّكُمْ آمَنتُمْ، وَهَذا كُلُّهُ لا يَعتَمِدُ عَلَيكُمْ، بَلْ هُوَ عَطيَّةٌ مِنَ اللهِ. 9 لَيسَ مُقابِلَ الأعمالِ لِئَلّا يَكُونَ هُناكَ مَجالٌ لِلافتِخارِ.

 Ephesians 2:8-9

 

Jesus answered Nicodemus:

“I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh [the physical is merely physical], and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be surprised that I have told you, ‘You must be born again [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].’

أَجَابَهُ يَسُوعُ

: «الْحَقَّ الْحَقَّ أَقُولُ لَكَ: لَا يُمْكِنُ أَنْ يَدْخُلَ أَحَدٌ مَلَكُوتَ اللهِ إِلاَّ إِذَا وُلِدَ مِنَ الْمَاءِ وَالرُّوحِ.

 6 فَالْمَوْلُودُ مِنَ الْجَسَدِ هُوَ جَسَدٌ، وَالْمَوْلُودُ مِنَ الرُّوحِ هُوَ رُوحٌ. 7 فَلاَ تَتَعَجَّبْ إِذَا قُلتُ لَكَ إِنَّكُمْ بِحَاجَةٍ إِلَى الْوِلاَدَةِ مِنْ جَدِيدٍ

 John 3: 5-7

 

When a person accepts Jesus as his/her Saviour and makes Him Lord over his/her life, when that person declares verbally, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in their heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, that person receives The Holy Spirit, is born again and is saved.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I pray that You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can repent of my sins and invite You Jesus in my heart. I believe that You died in my place Jesus to redeem me and that You took all my sins and nailed them to The Cross. I believe that You were raised from the dead and that You ascended to God our Father and are seated with God in the heavenly realms. I declare that Jesus is Lord, I receive The Holy Spirit. I know that by accepting You Jesus as my Saviour that my sins are forgiven and by making You Lord over my Life Jesus I am born again. Strengthen me Lord to bury the old life, and to be resurrected to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. Thank You God that through Your grace You delivered me from judgment and have given me eternal life. Lord, please sink this message deep into my heart and in the hearts of those reading it and achieve Your desire that all people be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. Father God, I pray to You in the name of Your precious Son my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment