Tuesday 3 August 2021

August 3 Devotion - Praising God

 

IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise be thankful to him, and bless his name. I will sing of mercy and judgment: to you, O LORD, will I sing. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for you are my praise. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Psalms 92:1 Psalms 100:4 Psalms 101:1 Jeremiah 17:14 Ephesians 1:3 1Peter 2:9

When things are going our way, Praise seems to be a natural part of what we want to do. However, on the days when we face sad memories, challenges, and bad news it is much more difficult to show or express gratitude, pleasure, or approval in an unrestrained or heartfelt manner.

God understands how our emotions are built; He made them. He also knows that praise is the cure for a heart weighed down by concerns, worries, and fears.

 

Praise helps us to focus our attention on God. When we take a long and deliberate look at the character and ways of the Lord Jesus who loved us enough to die for us, our eyes are naturally shifted away from the difficulty and onto His ability to care for us.

Praise increases our faith. Telling God what we love about Him always involves reciting His past actions of might and power on our behalf. You can look back at the times He sent special provision at just the right moment and thank Him for them. This process results in a heart that expands with joy and security in Him.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that when sad memories, fears, irritations, and concerns come my way today, I can praise You. Enable me to look at Your provision in the past and rejoice at what You will do in the future. Jesus, You said “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27 Lord I praise Jesus who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light. I pray to You Father in the name of my Redeemer and Saviour, the Lord of my life, Jesus Christ. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

                                                                                                                    

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment