Wednesday 4 August 2021

August 4 Devotion - Transforming failure to Success

 

Wealth and riches are in His house; and His righteousness endures forever.

Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Blessings and prosperity will be yours.

رغد وغنى في بيته وبره قائم الى الابد‏.

 واثقا بهذا عينه ان الذي ابتدأ فيكم عملا صالحا يكمل الى يوم يسوع المسيح.

طوباك وخير لك.

Psalm 112:3, Philippians 1:6, Psalm 128:2

 

“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” That approach is taught all over the world. As Christians, we tend to integrate this attitude into our walk with Christ. If we fail to conquer certain habits, or disobey key Scripture verses, we keep trying on our own strength. Although perseverance is necessary, determination alone will not solve our problems.

We need to admit our failure and realize that we can only live the Christian life through the support and strength of The Holy Spirit. Failure can be a catalyst that converts our methods from trying to trusting.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power in my inner being, so that I can make the transition from trying on my own to trusting in the power of The Holy Spirit. Lord I know that Your house is full of riches; and that Your righteousness endures forever. I am confident that if You set me on a direction or path You will complete it in spite of the trials and snares that are in my way; and that blessings and prosperity will be mine. Lord, I know that without The Holy Spirit acting on my behalf I cannot accomplish Your will. Abba Father, thank You for Your deep, unfailing, inseparable, and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. I trust and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Saviour, and Redeemer. To Jesus be the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion both now and forevermore. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment