Thursday 19 August 2021

August 19 Devotion - Strengthen your faith and be ready to receive

 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

 إِنَّمَا خَيْرٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ يَتْبَعَانِنِي طَوَالَ حَيَاتِي

 Psalm 23:6

 

Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.

وَسِّعِي فَسْحَةَ خَيْمَتِكِ وَابْسُطِي سَتَائِرَ مَسَاكِنِكِ، لاَ تُضَيِّقِي. أَطِيلِي حِبَالَ خَيْمَتِكِ وَرَسِّخِي أَوْتَادَكِ،

Isaiah 54:2

I believe that God has many blessings prepared for us. David had faith and was expecting God to supply goodness and mercy for the rest of his life and was ready to receive the blessings. Isaiah had faith and a vision.

We need to have that kind of faith and vision, to increase our capacity to receive so that we can live the abundant life Jesus came to give us, for Jesus Himself said:

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

 أَمَّا أَنَا فَقَدْ أَتَيْتُ لِتَكُونَ لَهُمْ حَيَاةٌ، بَلْ مِلْءُ الْحَيَاةِ

John 10:10

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep, everlasting and inseparable love. Jesus, I want to experience the abundant life You came to give me. Lord, please enormously strengthen my faith and enlarge my vision of my service to You, and my future. Lord, make me ready to receive all the blessings You want and are ready to give me. Help me to have a deep belief that goodness and mercy will follow me for the rest of my life. I declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour. In the precious name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment