Tuesday 31 August 2021

August 31 Devotion - The Holy Spirit

 

“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.”

وَأَنَا أَطْلُبُ مِنَ الآبِ فَيُعْطِيكُمْ مُعَزِّيًا آخَرَ لِيَمْكُثَ مَعَكُمْ إِلَى الأَبَدِ، 17رُوحُ الْحَقِّ الَّذِي لاَ يَسْتَطِيعُ الْعَالَمُ أَنْ يَقْبَلَهُ، لأَنَّهُ لاَ يَرَاهُ وَلاَ يَعْرِفُهُ، وَأَمَّا أَنْتُمْ فَتَعْرِفُونَهُ لأَنَّهُ مَاكِثٌ مَعَكُمْ وَيَكُونُ فِيكُمْ.

 John 14:16–17

We need the Holy Spirit; whom God sends to live in every believer; to:

 

  1. Comfort us when we experience pain and sorrow. 
  2. Guide us into the full truth about Jesus Christ.
  3. Direct our steps daily, and to help us make wise choices and Godly decisions.
  4. Remind us of God’s commandments and the truth of Jesus Christ so we will know what to do and what to say in any situation in which we find ourselves.
  5. Convict us of our sins and errors so we can repent and make positive changes in our lives.
  6. Defeat evil on our behalf.
  7. Conform us to the image of Christ Jesus.
  8. We need the Holy Spirit to make us whole.

 

 

I invite you to repeat the following Prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I want to be so intimate with You that I can hear Your voice and have divine wisdom for every decision. Heavenly Father, I know Your way is best, no matter how good the other options appear. Attune my ears and heart to the voice of Your Holy Spirit. Make me willing to obey. Thank You Father God for Your inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings in my life. Lord, I praise You, glorify You, and lift You up on high. May the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing through the experience of my faith that by the power of The Holy Spirit I will abound in hope and overflow with confidence in God's promises. Romans 15:13 In the holy name of Jesus I pray. To Jesus be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment