Friday 6 August 2021

August 6 Devotion - God's ways Are Greater

 

Yet when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days.

فَقَدْ مَكَثَ حَيْثُ كَانَ مُدَّةَ يَوْمَيْنِ بَعْدَ عِلْمِهِ بِمَرَضِ لِعَازَرَ .

John 11: 6

 

Lazarus’ family was thinking of a healing. Jesus was thinking of a resurrection. Do you see the difference?

God’s ways are so different than ours. We may be praying for something, but He may be preparing something much greater.

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

فَكَمَا ارْتَفَعَتِ السَّمَاوَاتُ عَنِ الأَرْضِ، كَذَلِكَ ارْتَفَعَتْ طُرُقِي عَنْ طُرُقِكُمْ، وَأَفْكَارِي عَنْ أَفْكَارِكُمْ.

Isaiah 55:9

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, please help me to release all my cares and concerns to You knowing that You have a greater plan prepared for me. Teach me to be patient and to trust You fully. Father God, help me realize that having extreme needs presses me closer to You and provides me an opportunity to see Your glory. God, I praise You, glorify You and lift You up on high. In the name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the holy name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, to Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment