Wednesday 25 August 2021

August 24 Devotion - God will strengthen you


 

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.]

لاَ تَخَفْ لأَنِّي مَعَكَ. لاَ تَتَلَفَّتْ لأَنِّي إِلهُكَ. قَدْ أَيَّدْتُكَ وَأَعَنْتُكَ وَعَضَدْتُكَ بِيَمِينِ بِرِّي

قَدْ كَلَّمْتُكُمْ بِهذَا لِيَكُونَ لَكُمْ فِيَّ سَلاَمٌ. فِي الْعَالَمِ سَيَكُونُ لَكُمْ ضِيقٌ، وَلكِنْ ثِقُوا: أَنَا قَدْ غَلَبْتُ الْعَالَمَ

 

Isaiah 41:10

John 16:33

God speaks with tenderness; fear not, for I am present with you. When we are weak, He will strengthen us. When we are in need, He will help us. When we fall, He will uphold us with His right hand which is full of righteousness. In His hand, there is victory, strength, and provision. In His hand there is everything we need.

In contrast to our assumption that having peace means the absence of conflict, tribulations or distress Jesus promises that His peace becomes apparent in the very middle of trouble and conflict. Troubles remind us to ask for Jesus' peace. God's answer will not usually mean that the problem will be over, but that Christ's peace will see us through it.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, in times of trouble please remind me to ask in prayer for Jesus’ peace and give me the faith that His peace will see me through my troubles. Father God, please help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You and obeying Your word. Lord, even when things do not make sense to me and are beyond my control, remind me that nothing is beyond Your ability. Lord, I know that You are upholding me with Your righteous right hand to make everything work together for my good. Thank You Father for Your deep and everlasting love, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord God I pray to You in the name of Your precious Son; my Redeemer and Saviour; the Lord of my life, Jesus Christ. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time and now and forevermore. Amen.  

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment