Monday 2 August 2021

August 2 Devotion - Following God's Plan



 

“Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.”

أَبَاكُمْ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَحْتَاجُونَ إِلَيْهِ قَبْلَ أَنْ تَسْأَلُوهُ.

Matthew 6:8

God already knows what we want and what we are in need of. He's the One who put those desires in us. We shouldn't be consumed by trying to make things happen. Instead, a greater act of faith is to be happy right where we are; to stay open and trust God because He has great plans in store.

It's good to be passionate; however, we should not be unhappy if things do not happen our way and in our timing. Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, but actually, when we let them go, that's when God brings them to pass. We need to put our dreams on God’s altar.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, please teach me that You will give me the desires of my heart when I put my dreams on Your alter and thank You consistently for directing my steps. I really need to learn this lesson. Lord, let this lesson go deep into my conscious and subconscious mind. Help me today to release my dreams, my desires, my "wants" like a seed falling to the ground and dying, and I know that in Your fertile ground and plan I will receive Your desires for me which are so much better for me. I know that You have the best plan for my future, and I trust You to bring it to pass in my life. Father God, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord, I praise You, glorify You, and I lift You up on high. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time and now and forevermore. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment