Friday 20 August 2021

August 20 Devotion - Dealing with loneliness

 

See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you and be with you always, even to the end of the age.”

لَقَدْ نَقَشتُكِ عَلَى يَدَيَّ لَا تَخَفْ لِأنِّي مَعَكَ،
لَا تَخَفْ لِأنِّي إلَهُكَ.
سَأُقَوِّيكَ وَأُسَاعِدُكَ،
وَسَأدْعَمُكَ بِيَمِينِي المُنْتَصِرَةِ..

 لَنْ أترُكَكُمْ مِثْلَ اليَتَامَى، فَأنَا آتٍ إلَيكُمْ.

وَتَذَكَّرُوا أنِّي سَأكُونُ مَعَكُمْ دَائِمًا، وَإلَى نِهَايَةِ الدَّهْرِ.

Isaiah 49:16, Isaiah 41:10

John 14:18, Matthew 28:20

 

There is a critical difference between solitude, aloneness, and loneliness:

  • Solitude, is a time where we are alone and enjoy the peace and quiet and where we get in touch with our feelings and can meditate
  • Aloneness, is a time when we enjoy doing things on our own, things that we really like, that others may not care for and do not require having company 
  • Loneliness, is a time where we are alone even though we need to fellowship with others, but no one is available

 

When we feel lonely, we should admit our emotions to God. He knows what we are going through, and He wants to be the One to fill that void. The reality of God’s constant presence with us is a fact, but we are not always aware of Him, especially in lonely periods. I have many times questioned, how come I cannot feel God’s presence even though I know He is with me, how come I feel so alone? When I feel that lonely, my courage diminishes.

I need to keep reminding myself that where God has begun the work of grace, He will perfect it. He will help those who, in humble dependence on Him, help themselves. Having our hearts and our hopes focused on God, we shall be carried above all difficulties, and be enabled to lay hold of the prize of our high calling in Christ Jesus. The truth is that He will never leave nor forsake those whom He has saved.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

O God do not be far from me; O my God, hasten to my help! Psalm 71:12 Lord, please use my loneliness as a tool to draw me closer to You. I am comforted in the knowledge that I am so special to You God that You have inscribed my name on the palms of Your hands. Abba Father, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings in my life. Thank You Jesus that You will always be with me until the end of the age and that You have promised NOT to leave me as an orphan, and You will come and be with me. In Your name Jesus, the only intercessor, I pray to The Father. To Jesus be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty, and the blessings forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment