Wednesday 25 August 2021

August 25 Devotion - The Lord Gives Wisdom


 

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

5 وَإِنْ كَانَ أَحَدٌ مِنْكُمْ بِحَاجَةٍ إِلَى الْحِكْمَةِ، فَلْيَطْلُبْ مِنَ اللهِ الَّذِي يُعْطِي الْجَمِيعَ بِسَخَاءٍ وَلاَ يُعَيِّرُ. فَسَيُعْطَى لَهُ.

لأَنَّ الرَّبَّ يَهَبُ الْحِكْمَةَ، وَمِنْ فَمِهِ تَتَدَفَّقُ الْمَعْرِفَةُ وَالْفَهْمُ.

James 1:5, Proverbs 2:6

We can define wisdom as the ability; or result of an ability; to think and act utilizing knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense, and insight. As Proverbs 16:16 puts it, “To get wisdom is better than gold” The ultimate, eternal happiness that all people long for will only be found by those who first “get wisdom.”

 

And the child (Jesus) grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him.

وَكَانَ الطِّفْلُ يَنْمُو وَيَتَقَوَّى، مُمْتَلِئاً حِكْمَةً، وَكَانَتْ نِعْمَةُ اللهِ عَلَيْهِ.

Luke 2:40; 52

 

When the Sabbath came, Jesus began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.

“Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him?

وَلَمَّا حَلَّ السَّبْتُ، أَخَذَ يُعَلِّمُ فِي الْمَجْمَعِ، فَدُهِشَ كَثِيرُونَ حِينَ سَمِعُوهُ، وَقَالُوا: «مِنْ أَيْنَ لَهُ هذَا؟ وَمَا هذِهِ الْحِكْمَةُ الْمَوْهُوبَةُ لَهُ،

Mark 6:2

Jesus told the disciples that when persecution begins to grow..

“I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.”

.. indicating that He, as God, is the true source of all wisdom.

سَوْفَ أُعْطِيكُمْ كَلاَماً وَحِكْمَةً لَا يَقْدِرُ جَمِيعُ مُقَاوِمِيكُمْ أَنْ يَرُدُّوهَا أَوْ يُنَاقِضُوهَا.

Luke 21:15

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, please fill me with Your wisdom and help me to think and talk through Your wisdom. I pray that You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that every decision I make will be based on Your wisdom. Teach me Your ways O’Lord and help me to walk in Your path always counseling me and course-correcting me whenever I drift. Jesus, I know that You are the light of the world, strengthen me to always follow You. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment